A Florida roof can undoubtedly take a lickin’. Here at WeatherTite Coatings Inc., we can help make sure that yours keeps on tickin’ for years to come. We’ve been providing roof coating systems to businesses throughout Central Florida for the last 25 years. We know that a roof coating system can extend the life of almost any roof and provide extra protection from extreme weather. Read on to learn more about the benefits roof coating can add to your existing roof.
What Is A Roof Coating System?
Before diving into the benefits, let’s take a minute to explain what roof coating means. A typical roof coating is a liquid that is applied to the existing roof. The film has the thickness of paint and has elastic properties that seamlessly adhere to the roof’s outer layer, protecting it from sunlight, rain, wind, and other forms of damage.
6 Benefits Of Roof Coating:
- Weatherproofing Protection – The coating is spray applied. Because it is sprayed on, it can be used around hatches, pipes and other equipment, creating a complete weatherproof seal with no seams or patches in hard-to-reach areas.
- Easy Installation – Because the coating starts its life as a liquid that is spray applied, installation is a breeze. Application is minimally invasive, creating little noise nor strong odors. You can keep the doors to your business open and running, as usual.
- Cost-Effective – The coating adheres to the existing roof, so there is no heavy equipment or teardown. Once applied, the roof coating will improve the existing roof’s performance, lengthen its life up to 25 years, thereby saving you tens of thousands of dollars in the long run.
- Reflectivity – Some coatings are highly reflective, providing UV protection to your roof. UV protection further extends the life of your roof by minimizing wear and tear, but it can also keep your building cooler.
- Sustainable – The system itself is renewable. Re-coating your roof every ten years lengthens roof life, maintains impeccable waterproofing abilities and renews reflective properties.
- Environmentally Friendly – Both cutting down on waste by extending the life of your existing roof and enabling your building to retain cool air, minimizes the energy needed to cool your home and decreases your environmental impact.
Types Of Roof Coatings
There are different types of coatings available. While all coatings each claim the six benefits, some are stronger in certain areas than others. WeatherTite Coatings offers two coatings: Elastomeric and Silicone. The more cost-effective of the two, Elastomeric coating fixes existing issues in your roof, effectively extending its life and improving its base performance by offering UV resistance and reflectivity as well as enhanced weather protection.
Silicone coatings can be considered an upgrade because they offer more in the way of reflectivity, which will end up saving you more on heating and cooling. Silicone is also the coating of choice for flat roofs, or anywhere ponding may be an issue because moisture strengthens a silicone coating.
Now that you know the benefits of a roof coating system, you’ll want to make sure you call the roofers Orlando business owners trust. WeatherTite Coatings Inc. has served Central Florida for 25 years. Contact us, and let us know how we can serve you.